Power / Electrical
The Power/Electrical Lead is responsible for ensuring safe and reliable power for infrastructure. Infrastructure groups requiring power/electrical needs are the Effigy, PETS, Rangers, Fire Safety, Sanctuary, Ice, Greeters, Safety Lighting, Radio Communications, Parking, the Grove.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Rent and hook up 20K generator for the Effigy and DaFT.
- Rent and hook up 3K and 5K generators for Ice, Rangers, Safety Lighting, and Sanctuary.
- All generators rented are whisper quiets where possible for aesthetic reasons at the event.
- Hook up LLC-owned generators for Parking and Greeters.
- Arrange transportation to and from the event of the generators, whether by the power lead or through the community truck, etc..
- Makes sure the appropriate fuel and oil are available during the event for the generators.
- The various leads receiving the generators are responsible for ensuring fueling and maintaining the oil levels in the generators occurs during the event(basically requires the knowledge to maintain a lawnmower).
- Maintains the existing onsite power at the event:
- Two (2) fused outlets on the upper field
- power by the showers
- above the cave
- down at the water's edge.
- Helps ensure plenty of extension cords are available for the various infrastructure requirements.
- While not strictly the power lead's responsibility, sufficient cordage should be maintained for the ensural of a safe operation.
- Act as a resource on electrical information to all the infrastructure leads on basic requirements and safety, including city planning when possible.
Other Entities/Leads with Whom the Lead Likely Will Collaborate
Volunteer to Help the Power / Electrical Lead
This department does not have a volunteer wiki page. You can find out more information about volunteering in this department by contacting the Site-Ops AF.
Current Power / Electrical Lead
- 2012 Anderson
- 2011 Princess
- 2010 Princess
- 2009 Clovis
- 2008 Clovis
- 2007 Clovis
- 2006 Clovis