Welcome to April’s Flame! This mid-month post round-up tends to be a bit more on the casual side of things, so if your theme camp or art installation has some announcements, make sure to contact me using the Flipside Flame/Announce Submission page to get that information to me by May 13, 2018. We have one more Flame post before Flipside 2018: Return of the Shadows: 20 Years of Light and Dark.
For even more info, stay tuned to:
- Flipside Flame
- Announce email list
- Burning Flipside Calendar
- Official Burning Flipside Facebook Page
- @BurningFlipside on Twitter
Your new Content Lead,
What is in this Flame:
- Having an Event at Flipside? Disinformation is Looking for YOU!
- Pre-Post is Looking for Volunteers!
- DaFT: Ways to Participate Before, During, and After Flipside
- K-FLiP boasts improved equipment
- Event: WonderLounge: Shadow Magic Circus
- Work Weekend III: April 20-22
- Work Weekend IV: May 11-13
- Art Car and Event Registrations close: May 17th.
- Load-In: May 19
- Flipside: May 24-28
- Load-Out/Clean-up June 2.
Having an Event at Flipside? Disinformation is Looking for YOU!
Do you need Pyropolis to know about your event at Flipside this year? DisInformation is looking for your events for Flipside 2018. Need to get in touch? Click here to find out more.
Pre-Post is Looking for Volunteers!
Interested in seeing what goes into setting up and taking down Flipside infrastructure? Lurko is looking for volunteers to help us get to and from the land. If this sounds like a volunteer position right up your alley, click here for more information on how to sign up for shifts.
DaFT: Ways to Participate Before, During, and After Flipside
The Effigy is the centerpiece of Burning Flipside. Beginning in February, countless volunteers meet up several times a week at the warehouse and work tirelessly to make the largest single art piece at the event a reality. There are opportunities well before the event, at the event, and after the event to be a part of something truly magical.
Want to learn more? Check out this post here.
K-FLiP boasts improved equipment
Pyropolis Public Radio K-FLiP reports that they have acquired all new studio and broadcasting equipment, that should improve the 100.5FM signal.
Pretty nifty, right? Click here for more information on how K-FLiP has grown.
Event: WonderLounge: Shadow Magic Circus
Come One, Come All, to the greatest show at Flipside! Prepare to be mesmerized.
Upcoming Announce and Flame Due Dates
- May Announce (and last before Flipside): Monday, April 30, 2018
- May Flame (and last before Flipside): Sunday, May 13, 2018
Need to get the word out? Head to the Flipside Flame / Announce Submission page.