Greetings Flipside-bound Burners,
It’s nearly time! We hope you’re as excited as we are.
As you may know, the weather has been…interesting and we have a couple of words of caution for you all as the land is wet and getting a bit wetter in the next couple of days.
Monday – Wednesday:
- If it’s actively raining, many of the roads to and on land quickly become dangerous. Do not attempt to cross flooded roads. Turn around.
- Pay attention to weather reports and emergency broadcasts before heading out. Isolated severe weather is forecasted through Wednesday night.
- The land will be slow to dry out. Be cautious if pulling off the road.
- Be prepared. Theme camp RVs might be relegated to RV parking due to ground conditions.
Thursday – Monday:
- GOOD NEWS! Right now the weather looks amazing starting Thursday!
- Wouldn’t hurt to shoot to arrive later in the day to allow for more drying.
- Remember your ID, and valid proof of vaccination so you can get in
- details at: https://www.burningflipside.com/2022-covid-policy
- Please be patient with your fellow burners. Soggy land makes for slow unloading.
- Bring your booties and other wet stuff gear. The land will dry slowly.
- Be prepared. Theme camp RVs could be relegated to RV parking due to ground conditions.
- Keep an eye on weather forecasts in case something changes. This is Texas, after all.
Basically, just everyone stay the hell safe. There is no rush to get to Flipside. It’ll be there when you get there and hugs will be waiting.
Keep those bums dry,
Flipside Action Weather Team