March is here, and with it we’ll see warmer weather, longer days, and Burning Flipside 2017: Rainbows vs Unicorns: The Reckoning is rapidly approaching.
Are you ready? What will you do to participate? How will you bring this year’s theme to life?
For more info, stay tuned to:
- Flipside Flame
- Announce email list
- Burning Flipside Calendar
- official Burning Flipside Facebook Page
- @BurningFlipside on Twitter
Remember, if you have something you’d like to contribute to the Flame or Announce, use Flipside Flame/Announce Submission page to send it in. Announce tends to be near the beginning of the month, and Flames usually get published around the middle of the month. Get me the info at least a week before then, and I’ll do my best to get your contribution included.
The good news: we accepted all registrations that were done correctly: No Reverse Lottery this year!
The LLC even decided to accept late postmarks that were only a day or so late – we usually return ALL late postmarks.
- Personal checks – a record 26 personal checks this year!
We only accept money orders or Cashier’s Checks.
- No money order/Cashier’s Check enclosed: Several requests did not include any form of payment! One person attached their money order receipt, not the actual money order.
- One person from San Antonio sent in a $222 money order without a name on it, without an account number on it, AND it did not even have a return address on the envelope! The Money Order was drawn from San Antonio Federal Credit Union. I contacted the bank, and they are trying to get in contact with the person associated with the account the money order was drawn from. If you think it could be yours, please contact me. (Area: Communications –> Tickets)
- Some people sent in too many requests per registration. When I could, I accepted the limit of two adult tickets per account (and child/kid/teen tickets when applicable) and returned the rest.
- New this year: Extra Money Problem: We do not have a way to deal with extra money people included in their money orders. In the past we gave any funds above the ticket amount to The Org Formerly Known as Tinderbox. We no longer have a Tinderbox, so we no longer have a way to accept or process amounts over your ticket money!
- The original decision was to return all ticket requests over the amount – which would have sucked for people trying to do a nice thing. The LLC treasurer decided for THIS YEAR ONLY, she will send a refund to those people. It’s a pain in the ass for me and the treasurer. In the future, money orders with overages will be returned. We love the thought, but please only send the amount required on your form!!
IF after the emails go out and you did not get a ticket but you know you sent in a registration and money order, please contact the ticket team. (Area: Communications –> Tickets)
This is why it is VITAL that you retain your money order/Cashier’s Check receipt! I will try to help you out if your request was not processed and you sent in the appropriate payment and registration, but we are not responsible for payments and registrations lost in the mail.
What? MORE Tickets??
Austin Artistic Reconstruction did not sell out of tickets to Burning Flipside during our normal ticketing process!
On March 2, AAR received its mass-gathering permit for the fifth straight year since we started applying for them in 2013, so we are able to honor all valid ticket requests.
So…. there will be a special bonus round of tickets made available soon. We are putting together the functionality to support this right now, so we can’t open it up yet (NOT YET NOT YET!).
We can, however, give some information:
- The bonus-round ticket process will be very similar to the normal one, with a web form you print and mail in with a money order, but may involve a quiz.
- Tickets will be the same price. $111 for adults and teens over 13, $33 for kids aged 7-13, and free for children 0-6.
- Unlike the normal ticket process, where we use a lottery, ticket requests in the bonus-round will honored on a first-come, first-served basis (limited to correctly formed requests with correct payment).
Work Weekends Continue
The first Work Weekend is done, but there is still plenty more to do!
Please put these remaining dates in your calendars and join us for prepping the land for our wonderful event!
- Work Weekend 2: Mar 24-26
- Work Weekend 3: Apr 21-23
- Work Weekend 4: May 5-7
(*****ONLY those who attended WWs 1, 2 and/or 3 may attend WW4****)
Signup is below. Let us know if you are coming!
You may not be allowed on the property unless you have signed up on the spreadsheet below or with Saraphina or Shortcake before the work weekend.
For more information or just have a question, you can contact Saraphina directly at
Your City Needs YOU!
There are plenty of ways to actively participate in building and running the fair city of Pyropolis.
Here are just a couple of opportunities for you to be a part of the gears that make this town GO!
Ever wondered about who helps keep the city safe?
Are you introverted and need a little bit of time to recharge away from the big crowds?
Do you want to know how night vision works?
Come check out the Guardians Department!
Badass shirts and patches to be had if you work a couple shifts with us.
Contact Froggy at https://www.burningflipside.com/contact
(Area: Safety –> Guardians (perimeter))
Or our Facebook page: Guardians of Flipside
Greeters Wiki is OPEN.
We love when a Theme Camp takes over a whole shift.
Greeter Captain of the day can also help with that.
Only the craziest people sign up for Shift Lead or Captain.
You know you’re ready to walk on the wild side!
Some restrictions apply.
Speak to your pharmacist or contact your Greeter Lead (Area: Genesis –> Greeters) for details.
Offer not valid in Alaska or Hawaii.
You must be logged in to post a comment.