Is it Spring yet? Things are going to be warming up soon and we currently find ourselves 12 weeks out of Flipside 2019: Sisyphean Celebration. While not quite panic time, these weeks are likely to fly by. Keep an eye on your emails for upcoming Announces and Flames for more information on how you can be involved with Flipside this year.
For even more info, stay tuned to:
- Flipside Flame
- Announce email list
- Burning Flipside Calendar
- Official Burning Flipside Facebook Page
- @BurningFlipside on Twitter
As a reminder, if you’re looking to contribute to Flame or Announce, please use the Flipside Flame/Announce Submission page. This will allow you to add a Public Domain or personal photograph to your BurningFlipside.com post. If you’re looking to add announcements to Announce or Flame for the first half of 2019, the following deadlines will apply:
Flame – March 15, 2019
Announce – April 1, 2019
Flame – April 15, 2019
Announce – May 1, 2019 (Last Announce before Flipside)
Flame – May 15, 2019 (Last Flame before Flipside)
Announce – June 1, 2019
Flame – June 15, 2019
Your Content Lead,
What is in this Announce:
- Ticket Update
- Art & Theme-Camp Registration Now Open
- Work Weekends!
- Art Projects and Flipside 2019
- Art Registration
- Art Cars and Events Registration
- Ignition Philter Art Grant Application
- Art Projects Seeking Support Page
- Need Space in Lloyd for Art?
- March 4, 2019: Ignition Philter Grants closes
- March 9, 2019: BMORG Meet and Greet – El Mercado
- March 15-17, 2019: Flipside Work Weekend 2
- March 18, 2019: CC meeting
- April 1, 2019: Art registration closes
- April 12-14, 2019: Flipside Work Weekend 3
- April 12, 2019: Safetyside
- April 22, 2019: CC meeting
- May 3-5, 2019: Flipside Work Weekend 4
- May 17, 2019: Registration for Art Cars and Events closes
- May 23, 2019: Burning Flipside
For more information on how to be involved year around, check out the Burning Flipside Calendar.
We held ticket opening today. Our ticket lead, Ste. Michelle, has a quick update:
- There will be no lottery.
- All valid ticket requests are being honored.
- Want more good news? Read more about the ticket update [here]!
Art & Theme-Camp Registration Now Open
Work Weekends are scheduled to make sure everything is ready for Burning Flipside. We gather downed tree branches, clean up trails, and give the land some love before Pyropolis takes shape. There’s plenty of work for folks of all skills levels. If you want to learn to do something you’ve not done before, we’ll help you learn how. The first WW focused on clearing downed trees and limbs. Later in the Spring, we start working on poison ivy removal and fire ant eradication.
Art Projects and Flipside 2019
Art Registration is now open! Make sure to register your art if you need something placed that has a flame effect, you’re bringing an art you were hoping to burn, you need placement, or if you were just looking to have your fabulous art on the Burning Flipside map.
Make sure to register your piece before April 1, 2019 at 11:59pm CST.
Art Cars & Events
Registration for Mutants and Motorized Art (Art Cars!) and Events is open! Registration closes on May 17th. Get in your registration in now!
Resources for Flipside Bound Art
Grants- Ignition Philter
The community run organization Ignition Philter is taking applications for grants for Burning Flipside bound art projects for 2019. The application is currently open and will close March 4th. Get your application in.
Art Projects Seeking Support Page
Check out the Art Projects Seeking Support Page. It’s a community bulletin board where artists can ask for assistance making their art project go. Needing some help? Crowdsource your brains, hands, and fundraising in this community effort!
Lloyd The Warehouse
Good ole Lloyd here has housed some pretty epic art pieces over the years. If you were hoping for space to make a thing or to have the use of some tools, reach out to the Warehouse Managers to set that up.
Come out on Wednesday evenings 7-10pm for Church Night to meet other participants, check out DaFT’s progress with the effigy (and maybe grab an impact driver and make magic happen! Learn how to volunteer here.