We are starting to see light at the end of this long tunnel and while we can’t completely return to business as usual, we are happy to announce that the warehouse will be reopening with some additional understanding and cooperation on your part.
This decision relies on Travis County’s continued recognition that we are in Stage 2 or below of COVID-19 restrictions (more info on what that means here: austintexas.gov/page/covid-19-risk-based-guidelines). If Travis County exceeds Stage 2 or we experience an outbreak of cases from the warehouse we will need to close once again.
Assuming Stage 2 is maintained, the warehouse will resume normal (abnormal?) operations beginning with Church Night on Wednesday, May 26th. Other events such as art night, Combustion Chamber meetings, and the like will be announced via their regular channels.
There are a few new rules everyone must follow for the time being:
- Attendees should attempt to hold all activities outside the building as much as possible.
- Masks are required for anyone entering the warehouse. This includes the meeting areas, restrooms, and main warehouse space. If there is a roof over your head, there is a mask on your face. Masks are optional outside the warehouse.
- Please maintain a social distance of 6’ from others unless all parties within that bubble have given their explicit consent. Be aware. Be respectful.
- New year, new waiver. Make sure you sign one. Yes, you.
- Please pack out all your trash. While we may provide some basics such as disinfecting wipes or masks, we will not be providing trash cans.
If you or someone in your household is feeling sick please do not attend any events at the warehouse. Additionally, if you or someone in your household gets sick after attending an event at the warehouse please notify AAR at email@example.com so that we can take appropriate action. Notifications will be kept confidential, though for contact tracing/testing purposes we may notify the community of possible exposure dates and times.
We’ve missed you and we can’t wait to see you but we take your health and safety very seriously. So, come out to see all your friends, just please stick to the rules. We want everyone to stay as healthy and happy as possible.