We are excited to test a new way to improve accessibility in 2023: Pick Up Points – PUPS! Look for them on the map and at Disinfo Kiosks, where they will be clearly marked and highly visible. All volunteer carts and registered mobile art will be participating in this program when they have availability. VAS has a schedule for when they are providing rides that will be shared at the event.
- Don’t try to get on, impede, or stop a moving mutant vehicle or volunteer cart. Wait until it has come to a complete stop and you have the operator’s permission before boarding or disembarking. Consent applies here, too!
- The folks you are riding with are going somewhere. They are happy to help you on your way, but they may not be able to take you to your final destination.
- Ask for permission of the owner/operator before you operate any artistic additions (e.g., fire cannons, pants cannons, sounds and light systems). Yep, consent!
- Help look out for the safety of fellow passengers and passers-by.
- Most volunteer carts are full when they have four people on them. Some can only take two. A few can hold six. Please don’t ask to crowd onto a cart.
- Mutant vehicles also have limits. Please respect your fellow Flipizens when they tell you their vehicle is full. Even if there appears to be space, keep in mind that weight, balance or other issues may affect how many or where a mutant vehicle can carry passengers.
- In limited cases, a volunteer cart may need to get somewhere quickly to address an emergency issue. In those cases, the volunteer cart will pass by to address the issue. Please don’t be rude if it doesn’t stop for you.